- Dust and Snow by Michelle Nijhuis. http://www.hcn.org/issues/323/16326. May 29, 2006.
- Dust Storms Threaten Snow Packs by Richard Harris. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5415308. May 30, 2006.
- Stirring Up Dust in the Desert by Richard Harris. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5415315. May 31, 2006.
- Snowmelt by Jason Stevenson. http://books.google.com/books?id=2vs-RNjRBFUC&lpg=PA38&ots=oGeVZF_DMt&dq=dust%20accelerates%20snowmelt&pg=PA38#v=onepage&q=dust%20accelerates%20snowmelt&f=false. September 2007.
- Dust Reduces Snow Cover in the San Juans. http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=7842. July 7, 2007.
- Research Near Telluride Shows Dust Speeds Snow Melt by Allen Best. http://www.telluridewatch.com/view/full_story/35314/article-Research-Near-Telluride-Shows-Dust-Speeds-Snow-Melt—Scientists-Trace-Dust-to-Desert-Disturbances. July 15, 2007.
- Desert Droughts Lead To Earlier Annual Snow Loss, Study Shows by ScienceDaily. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/06/070625142101.htm. June 26, 2007.
- Dust in West up 500 percent in past 2 centuries, says CU-Boulder study. http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2008-02/uoca-diw022208.php#. February 24, 2008.
- High Peaks, Dirty Snow by Allen Best. http://www.fseee.org/component/content/article/200240. Winter 2008.
- Fivefold dust increase chokes the West by Will Dunham. http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2259224520080224. February 24, 2008.
- All We Are Is Dust In The Wind by Dan Whipple. http://coloradoindependent.com/3373/all-we-are-is-dust-in-the-wind. February 25, 2008.
- Humans to blame for dusty American West by Andrea Thompson. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23338295/. February 25, 2008.
- Tracking the Rise and Decline of Dust in the Western U.S. by Henry Fountain. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/26/science/26obdust.html?ref=science. February 26, 2008.
- Going to dust by Jeff Raymond. http://blog.newsok.com/newsroom/2008/02/25/going-to-dust/. February 25, 2008.
- Western Dust Up 500 Percent in 200 Years by Environmental News Service. http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/feb2008/2008-02-24-091.asp. February 24, 2008.
- Dust in West Up 500%, Says CU-Boulder Study by Environmental Protection. http://eponline.com/articles/2008/03/04/dust-in-west-up-500-says-cuboulder-study.aspx. March 4, 2008.
- A Dusty Few Centuries by Gregory Mone. http://www.popsci.com/environment/article/2008-02/dusty-few-centuries. February 26, 2008.
- Dust storms turn Aspen slopes brown by Janet Urquhart. http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20090323/NEWS/903239941/1077&ParentProfile=1058&title=Dust%20storms%20turn%20Aspen%20slopes%20brown. March 23, 2009.
- Spring runoff to be fast and furious by Scott Condon. http://www.aspentimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090519/NEWS/905199983&template=printart. May 19, 2009.
- Layer of red dust could lead to early snowpack melt by Evan Dawson. http://www.crestedbuttenews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1402&Itemid=40. April 8, 2009.
- Dust speeds Colorado snow melt, shortens ski mountaineering season by Colorado Daily Staff. http://www.coloradodaily.com/outdoor-recreation/ci_12962868?source=rss#axzz0tUlizOJT. June 17, 2009.
- Dust-storm spawned pileup on I-70 kills two by Howard Pankratz. http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_11491639. January 19, 2009.
- Study shows desert dust impacts snowpack, plant life by Amy Joi O’Donoghue. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/print/705313732/Study-shows-desert-dust-impacts-snowpack-plant-life.html. June 30, 2009.
- Dust storms escalate in western U.S., affect ecosystems by Dan Kulpinski. http://earthsky.org/earth/dust-storms-escalate-in-western-us-affect-ecosystems. April 24, 2009.
- Dust is melting mountain snow earlier by R. Scott Rappold. http://www.gazette.com/articles/snow-54221-melting-colorado.html. May 16, 2009.
- Red-rust Friday by Chris Dickey. http://www.gunnisontimes.com/index.php?content=C_news&newsid=5935. April 9, 2009.
- Dust Storms Darken the Rockies by Nicholas Riccardi. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/greenspace/2009/05/dust-storms-darken-the-rockies.html. May 25, 2009.
- Dust storms speed snowmelt in Colorado by Nicholas Riccardi. http://articles.latimes.com/2009/may/24/nation/na-pink-snow24. May 24, 2009.
- Desert Dust Alters Ecology of Colorado Alpine Meadows by NSF. http://www.nsf.gov/news/news_summ.jsp?cntn_id=115053&org=NSF&from=news. June 29, 2009.
- Climate change, water shortages conspire to create 21st century Dust Bowl by Scott Streater. http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2009/05/14/14greenwire-climate-change-water-shortages-conspire-to-cre-12208.html. May 14, 2009.
- Focus on Focus Earth: Dust Storms Strike the Southwest by Rachel Cernansky. http://planetgreen.discovery.com/travel-outdoors/focus-earth-dust-storms.html?print=true. December 31, 2009.
- Desert dust alters ecology of Colorado alpine meadows by Science Centric. http://www.sciencecentric.com/news/print.php?q=09063049-desert-dust-alters-ecology-colorado-alpine-meadows. June 30, 2009.
- Scientists explore link between dust, snowpack by Bob Berwyn. http://www.summitdaily.com/article/20090924/NEWS/909239989/1078&ParentProfile=1055. September 24, 2009.
- Desert dust alters ecology of Colorado alpine meadows by Kimberly Sorensen. http://www.today.colostate.edu/story.aspx?id=1741. June 30, 2009.
- Dust Storms Escalate, Prompting Environmental Fears by Juliet Eilperin. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/22/AR2009042203685.html. April 22, 2009.
- Increased dust speeds melting of mountain snow by Randolph E. Schmid. http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/environment/2009-06-29-dust-snow_N.htm. June 30, 2009.
- Premature peak, ‘forward creep’ by Gunnison Country Times. http://gunnisonclassifieds.com/index.php?content=C_news&newsid=5995. May 21, 2009.
- Dust From Global Warming Increasing Speed of Mountain Snow Melt by Randolph E. Schmid. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/01/dust-from-global-warming_n_223758.html. June 29, 2009.
- Fast-melting snow has rivers gushing over banks by Jeffrey Wolf & Matt Renoux. http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=140727&catid=339. June 9, 2010.
- Team Devises Technique to Predict Dust Storms with Infrared Satellite by the University of Pittsburgh. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/07/100706103414.htm. July 6, 2010.
- Valley Fever sweeping through Arizona by Steve Kuzj. http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/health/valley-fever-sweeping-through-arizona. July 8, 2010.
- That dust on the snow around Aspen is bad, researchers say by Carolyn Sackariason. http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20100413/NEWS/100419966. April 13, 2010.
- Officials baffled by intense dust storms on I-40 by Sean Holstege. http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/06/03/20100603arizona-dust-storms-on-I-40.html. June 3, 2010.
- Blinding dust closes I-40 by AZDailySun. http://azdailysun.com/news/local/article_a4412ec1-67b3-5b28-b525-fbf361ec6483.html. April 6, 2010.
- Dust blizzard shuts down I-40 by Laura Clymer. http://azdailysun.com/news/local/article_deee166d-d0ed-5d84-b04a-2b75b944c382.html. April 29, 2010.
- Dust Storms Create Snow Melt Problems in Colorado by Heather Rousseau. http://www.circleofblue.org/waternews/2010/world/dust-storms-create-snow-melt-problems-in-colorado/. May 22, 2010.
- Dust in snow causes early melting in region’s high country by R. Scott Rappold. http://www.gazette.com/articles/causes-97253-dust-early.html. April 17, 2010.
- Dust, snow make for problematic mix for skiers by Scott Willoughby. http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_14917371. April 21, 2010.
- Group studies dust effects by Dale Rodebaugh. http://www.durangoherald.com/sections/News/2010/06/24/Group_studies_dust_effects/. June 24, 2010.
- Dusting off wilderness by Will Sands. http://www.durangotelegraph.com/telegraph.php?inc=/10-04-22/coverstory.htm. April 22, 2010.
- The New Windy City? by Malia Durbano. http://www.durangotelegraph.com/telegraph.php?inc=/10-06-10/coverstory.htm. June 10, 2010.
- Dust bowl threat by WaterLink International. http://www.environmental-expert.com/resultEachPressRelease.aspx?cid=35120&codi=171248&lr=1. May 26, 2010.
- Dusting off the Backcountry by Jesse Huffman. http://espn.go.com/action/snowboarding/blog/_/post/5148408. April 29, 2010.
- Southern Utah: Grand Junction’s backyard by Sharon Sullivan. http://www.gjfreepress.com/article/20100611/COMMUNITY_NEWS/100619991/1001&parentprofile=1059. June 11, 2010.
- Dust in the wind and the water by Paul Larmer. http://www.hcn.org/issues/42.10/dust-in-the-wind-and-the-water. June 7, 2010.
- Rapid Runoff by Paul Larmer. http://www.hcn.org/hcn/issues/42.11/rapid-runoff. June 21, 2010.
- I-40 Reopens After Wind and Dust Close the Road Tuesday (Video) by Patrick Walker. http://www.naztoday.com/news/2010/05/wind-dust-closes-i-40-tuesday-video/. May 11, 2010
- Dust-on-Snow: On Spring Winds, Something Wicked This Way Comes by Cheryl Dybas. http://www.nsf.gov/discoveries/disc_summ.jsp?cntn_id=116707. April 2, 2010.
- Group pushes for more wilderness designation by Kathrine Warren. http://www.telluridenews.com/articles/2010/07/09/news/doc4bf33e87ce8df570869547.prt. May 19, 2010.
- Arizona Hopes Dust Storms Shutting I-40 Have Ended by Michele Fuetsch. http://www.ttnews.com/articles/printnews.aspx?storyid=24594. June 14, 2010.
- Wind leaves behind muddy mess on cars by Dan Boniface & Aristea Brady. http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?catid=339&storyid=137818. Spring 2010.
- Dust takes a toll by Melanie Lenart. https://www.hcn.org/issues/42.12/dust-takes-a-toll?src=me. July 19, 2010.
- In Utah, the more things change, the more they stay the same by Jim Stiles. http://www.hcn.org/issues/42.13/in-utah-the-more-things-change-the-more-they-stay-the-same?src=rc. August 2, 2010.
- How did it get here? by Madeleine Osberger. http://www.snowmasssun.com/article/20100414/NEWS/100419986. April 14, 2010.
Massivedust storm sweeps through Phoenix area by Mary Hudetz
Haboob II: Return pf the Dust by Blogs, CNN iReport, July 21, 2011.