Sustainable Development and Indigenous Peoples
1. Agenda 21 (1992), http://www.un.org/esa/dsd/agenda21/res_agenda21_00.shtml
2. ILO Convention 169, Indigenous and Tribal Peoples Convention, http://www.ilo.org/ilolex/cgi-lex/convde.pl?C169
3. U.N. Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, http://www.un.org/esa/socdev/unpfii/en/drip.html
4. Draft Inter-American Commission Declaration on the Rirghts of Indigenous Peoples, http://www.dipublico.com.ar/english/treaties/draft-inter-american-commission-declaration-on-the-rights-of-indigenous-peoples/
5. Prior Informed Consent Denial Theodore Downing and Jerry Moles. World Bank Denies Indigenous People’s Right to Prior Informed Consent.
6. Mine Veto James F. Cress and Ma. Cecilia G. Dalupan: Sustainable Development and Mining Laws: Is a “Mine Veto” Needed? Natural Resources and Environment, ABA section of Environment, Energy, and Resources. Winter 2003.
7. Mining and Indigenous Peoples Theodore Downing, Carmen Garcia-Downing, Jerry Moles and Ian McIntosh. Mining and Indigenous Peoples: Stakeholder Strategies and Tactics. In Finding Common Ground – Indigenous Peoples and Their Association with the Mining Sector. London 2003.
8. Avoding New Poverty Theodore E. Downing. Avoiding New Poverty: Mining-Induced Displacement and Resettlement, in MMSD April 2002.
9. Plan B What is Going to Happen to My People Theodore Downing and Carmen Garcia-Downing: Plan B –What is going to Happen to My People. Cultural Survival Quarterly, Fall 2001.