links for sustainable development of natural resources
1. U.N. Conference on the Human Environment (Stockholm Conference 1972), http://www.unep.org/Documents.Multilingual/Default.asp?DocumentID=97
2. Stockholm Declaration, http://www.unep.org/Documents.Multilingual/Default.asp?DocumentID=97&ArticleID=1503
3. Brundtland Report (1987), http://www.un-documents.net/wced-ocf.htm
4. Agenda 21 (1992), http://www.un.org/esa/dsd/agenda21/res_agenda21_00.shtml
5. Rio Declaration (1992), http://www.unep.org/Documents.multilingual/Default.asp?DocumentID=78&ArticleID=1163
6. Programme for the Further Implementation of Agenda 21 (UN Resolution 19 September 1997), http://www.un.org/documents/ga/res/spec/aress19-2.htm
7. United Nations Millenium Declaration (2000), http://www.un.org/millennium/declaration/ares552e.htm
8. Johannesburg Declaration (2002), http://www.un-documents.net/jburgdec.htm
9. Report of the World Summit on Sustainable Development (Johannesburg 2002), http://daccess-dds-ny.un.org/doc/UNDOC/GEN/N02/636/93/PDF/N0263693.pdf?OpenElement
10. Johannesburg Summit 2002, GLOBAL CHALLENGE, GLOBAL OPPORTUNITY: TRENDS IN SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT, http://www.un.org/esa/sustdev/publications/critical_trends_report_2002.pdf
11. United Nations 2005 World Summit, http://www.who.int/hiv/universalaccess2010/worldsummit.pdf
12. UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Division for Sustainable Development, http://www.un.org/esa/dsd/index.shtml?utm_source=OldRedirect&utm_medium=redirect&utm_content=dsd&utm_campaign=OldRedirect
13. UN Division of Sustainable Development: Selected Key Issues, http://www.un.org/esa/desa/aboutus/keyissues.html
Important Publications by Others
Artisanal and Small Scale Mining (ASM)
Women in the Artisanal Gold Mining Sector in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Gisèle Eva Côté. Partnership Africa Canada. November 2014.
Review of barriers to reduce mercury use in artisanal gold mining. Marcello Veiga, Gustavo Angeloci-Santos, John Meech. The Extractive Industries and Society, Volume 1, Issue 2, November 2014.
Backgrounder: Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining in Developing Countries Dr. Marcello Veiga & Henrique Morais. Canadian International Resources and Development Institute.
Review of barriers to reduce mercury use in artisanal gold mining
Conflict translates environmental and social risk into business costs Daniel M. Franks, Rachel Davis, Anthony J. Bebbington, Saleem H. Ali, Deanna Kemp, and Martin Scurrah. PNAS Early Edition, 2014.
Prior Informed Consent
Guide to Free, Prior and Informed Consent Oxfam Australia, 2014.
Prior Informed Consent Denial Theodore Downing and Jerry Moles. World Bank Denies Indigenous People’s Right to Prior Informed Consent.
Mining and Indigenous Peoples Theodore Downing, Carmen Garcia-Downing, Jerry Moles and Ian McIntosh. Mining and Indigenous Peoples: Stakeholder Strategies and Tactics. In Finding Common Ground – Indigenous Peoples and Their Association with the Mining Sector. London 2003.
Avoiding New Poverty Theodore E. Downing. Avoiding New Poverty: Mining-Induced Displacement and Resettlement, in MMSD April 2002.
Plan B What is Going to Happen to My People Theodore Downing and Carmen Garcia-Downing: Plan B –What is going to Happen to My People. Cultural Survival Quarterly, Fall 2001.
Prior Informed Consent and the Krueger Basal Convention Jonathan Krueger: Prior Informed Consent and the Basel Convention: The Hazards of What Isn’t Known. The Journal of Environment and Development, Vol 17, NO 2, June 1998, 115-137.
Various Other Topics
Aboriginal Engagement in Resource Development Industry Leading Practices InterGroup Consultants, October 2008.
Where Sacred Sites are Deemed More Precious Than Gold Alan W. H. Gourley, R. Timothy McCrum, David P. Ross, Sobia Haque: Where Sacred Sites Are Deemed More Precious Than Gold, Is the Mineral Claimant Due Compensation?: The Odyssey of Glamis Gold Ltd. and the NAFTA Investment Protections.
The Mining of Aggregates in the Metropolitan Region of Sao Paulo José Mario Coelho: The Mining of Aggregates in the Metropolitan Region of Sao Paulo. MMSD project, November 2001.
– Peter D. Cameron. Stabilisation in Investment Contracts and Changes of Rules in Host Countries: Tools for Oil & Gas Investors. Final Reports. Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN). 5 July 2006.
The Demystification of Mining Contracts in Tanzania The Demystification of Mining Contracts in Tanzania, Policy Forum.
Mediating Community/Company Environmental Disputes in the Oil and Gas Industry Ugo C. Ilegbune. Mediating Community/Company Environmental Disputes in the Oil and Gas Industry: A Guide for Promoting Environmental Mediation in Emerging Economies –Focus on Nigeria. Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy, University of Dundee, March 2004.
Mine closure in Latin America Elizabeth Bastida and Tony Sanford: Mine Closure in Latin America: A Review of Recent Developments in Argentina, Bolivia, Chile and Peru.
Framework for Responsible Mining David Chambers, Catherine Coumans & Marta Miranda. Framework for Responsible Mining: A Guide to Evolving Standards. October 4, 2005.
Centre for Dialogue Glenn Sigurdson: Section One – The Surround Sound of Dialogue: Power and Values (Reflections on Power and Values), Section Two – What is Dialogue? What Kind of Dialogues are we talking about? Frank Dukes, Gerald Cormick: Seven Key Characteristics of Dialogue Processes.
Database of Free Education Courses http://oedb.org/open/subjects/education/
Energy & Mines http://energyandmines.com/
Catalogue of Social Responsibility Practices https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/mining-materials/mining/corporate-social-responsibility/17221